Join & Give
Friends of Ha'ikū Stairs has over 7,000 supporters and is still growing. Join our organization today and show your support for the Stairs with an annual membership or even a lifetime sustaining membership.
The remains of the original wooden steps lie discarded alongside the steel steps that were installed in 1953 (photo taken on an authorized workday with the Friends of Ha'ikū Stairs). Our organization hopes to preserve the Stairs and its environment for current and future generations
Benefits of Joining
(1) Your membership fee helps to provide funds to publicize our efforts to reopen Haʻikū Stairs.
(2) Members get invited to our meetings and have the opportunity to give input on our strategy for the future.
(3) A robust membership is a strong indicator to the 'powers that be' of the high levels of support for saving and reopening the Stairs. Members get invited to events that help publicize support for the Stairs.
(4) Displaying your Save Haʻikū Stairs and 3922 membership stickers, and/or wearing your FHS T-shirt will provide great talking points with friends, family, coworkers, even strangers!
(5) Members will have priority to participate in our workdays on the Stairs. We maintain liability insurance for this eventuality should the Board of Water Supply allow us to reinstate our workdays soon.
(6) Members of FHS will have the opportunity to write to relevant policymakers and/or provide testimony in support of reopening the Haʻikū Stairs.
**Please note that we are currently disallowed from carrying out routine maintenance on the Stairs and do not condone efforts to trespass on the Stairs**
Choose your level of membership or make a donation to Save the Stairs
Mahalo to our Sustaining members who receive this pewter geodetic survey marker with their membership