• White Instagram Icon
  • Facebook - White Circle

Copyright © 2019 Friends of Ha'ikū Stairs

Communications Control Link (CCL) Building

  The CCL Building housed equipment that provided emergency communication back-up for the ground link with Pearl Harbor, Ford Island Naval Air Station, Wahiawa Naval Radio Station and Lualualei Naval Radio Station.

  The microwave antennae still visible on top were used by the Air Force from 1954 until 1963 for an “unattended microwave relay station.” Later the permit was transferred to the Coast Guard and the Marine Corps Base in Kaneohe. They used the unit as a passive transceiver to relay fire alarm signals between MCBH Kaneohe Bay and the Federal Fire Department at Pearl Harbor.