Sun, Aug 20|
Ossipoff Cabin Event
FHS is fortunate to offer an expanded exclusive opportunity for people to enjoy the beautiful Ossipoff Cabin as well as several other historic and culturally significant sites to support our mission to Save the Stairs.
Time & Location
Aug 20, 1:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Ossipoff Cabin, Palehua Rd, Kapolei, HI, USA
About the event
This exclusive cabin experience features a visit to the privately owned Ossipoff Cabin in Pālehua, an architectural and historic wonder built by Vladimir Ossipoff, as well as tours of several other historic and culturally significant sites. The Ossipoff Cabin is not normally open to the public. Very few have the chance to view these important sites and take in the awe-inspiring views of the Wai‘anae Mountains, lush forests, and the artistry of the cabin itself.
There are two options for guests to choose from when purchasing tickets to this event (see below for details).
All guests will enjoy:
- A guided tour of the Ossipoff Cabin, plus a visit to nearby Mahaholokai Cabin (built by Castle & Cooke)
- A short hike to Mauna Kapu, a culturally significant site for Native Hawaiians and the only place in Hawaiʻi where you can see all the Hawaiian Islands
- Learning about the history of the Ossipoff Cabin and its restoration, the cultural history and ecology of the Southern Waianae Mountains, and the Gill family's efforts at conservation and native plant reforestation
- A sunset reception featuring a special wine selection curated by global Master of Wine, Stephen Skelton, and a decadent pupu spread, served up with unforgettable views over the Waianae Coast
In addition to the joint activities, guests must choose from two separate progam options:
Option A: Architectural & Historic Preservation Program
- This program will be led by two expert speakers: William Chapman, Dean of UH Architecture who will be speaking on historic preservation efforts in Hawaii; and Graham Hart, Architect & Expert on Ossipoff who will be speaking of the Ossipoff Cabin & Ossipoff's legacy in Hawaii
- Guests who are interested in learning more about the architecture and history of the Ossipoff Cabin should reserve their spot
Option B: Guided Interpretive Hike to Palikea
- This is an exclusive, private access hike on a rarely visited trail that will be led by a naturalist who will offer expert insights into the native plants and ecology along the trail
- This is a 90-minute moderate ridge hike to a Waianae summit peak with spectacular panoramic views over Nanakuli and Lualualei Valleys, Kolekole Pass, the Waianae Coast, and Central Oahu
Please note: We will offer full refunds for cancellations made by August 4 and a 50% refund for cancellations made by August 14. Cancellations after August 14 are non-refundable.
For any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
This reservation is for one (1) person to participate in the Architectural & Historic Preservation Program.
This reservation is for one (1) person to attend the Guided Interpretive Hike to Palikea.